SpiderX is the new GNR portable residual stress analyzer. It has been designed focusing on exceptional portability lightness, easiness to set up, outstanding performances and negligible X-Ray emissions.
The result is a compact and smart instrument, based on a low power X-Ray Tube and on a fast and highly efficient detector, the combination of which ensures accurate and fast measurements.
The head of the goniometer rotates along a curved sector of 90 degrees, for the determination of the stress status in polycristalline materials. The 2Theta angle can be changed from 135° to 165° in order to analyze Fe (ferrite, austenite), Al, Ni, Cu, Ti and Mg Alloys.
Compact Case and Portability
Portability is assured by a compact case.
Supplied together with the instrument, provides a safe housing of the goniometer, electronical part and all the accessories required. It is exactly like a trolley!
- Non Destructive on-site measurement of big sample
- Easily access to the measurement point thanks to the versatility of the goniometer head
- Battery allows on-site measurement without the main power supply
- Single case contains goniometer and power supply with a total weight of approx. 19 kg.
- SpiderX can be used also for indoor analysis into a laboratory
- Anthropomorphic arm allows changing easily the measuring point
Some specific applications of the Stress-X are listed below:
- Detection of Residual Stress on sprocket wheels
- Detection of Residual Stress on car motor parts (cam axles, connecting rods, engine shafts, equalisers, ...)
- Detection of Residual Stress induced by deep drawing (household appliances, structural parts, ...)
- Detection of existing Operational Stress on gas conducts
- Detection of Operational Stress on large tensioned structures
- Measurement of efficiency of Shot-Peening and rolling of components subjected to Stress
- Definition of the quantity of Retained Austenite on bearings and parts of diesel motor injectors
- Detection of Residual Stress in castings (cast iron parts of tool machines and aluminium components)
- Detection of Stress induced by welding (laser and electron)
- Search for a correlation between residual stress and stress resistance of aluminium alloy car rims
- Optimisation of working parameters for swarf removal to improve the stress resistance of mechanical components
- Detection of Residual Stress on helicoidal and leaf springs
- Search for critical zones after applying work loads (arms and aeronautics)